The EI Group (EI) is a full-service consulting and training firm specializing in occupational safety & health, industrial hygiene and environmental engineering firm headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina. EI employs approximately 100 EH&S Professionals corporate-wide, with branch offices strategically located in Richmond and Roanoke, Virginia; Greenville, South Carolina; Morrisville and Charlotte, North Carolina; Louisville, Kentucky and Atlanta, Georgia. EI currently has two openings for self-motivated safety professionals with strong backgrounds in general industry safety compliance/training (CFR 1910) and construction safety compliance/training (CFR 1926). The successful candidates will manage occupational safety programs at one of several industrial facility settings in the Charlotte area of North Carolina. These facility safety management positions require a minimum of 3 years of experience. Additional core competencies the successful candidate should possess include the following:
- A thorough understanding of OSHA’s Safety and Health Regulations for General Industry (29 CFR 1910)
- Experience performing safety inspections of work areas and the ability to address unsafe acts, conditions, and workplace hazards
- Develop and manage corporate safety metrics
- Draft written SOP and safety protocol
- Investigate accidents/determine root cause/implement corrective action
- Recognize work hazards and correct them immediately
- Ensure outside contractors comply with all applicable safety standards while working in facility
- Oversee OSHA Record Keeping via 300 OSHA Log
- Develop and oversee a robust Safety Committee/Safety Observer Program
- Cultivate and promote a proactive safety culture
- Experience performing mock OSHA compliance audits
Working knowledge of state and federal regulations in the area of industrial hygiene, safety and environmental compliance, with strong communication and technical writing skills desired. A BS or Associates degree in Safety Management, Industrial Hygiene or Life Sciences a plus. Valid driver’s license required.
Salary commensurate with experience. Please email us at email@example.com to learn more about these opportunities.