The majority of the EHS Coordinator’s time should be spent on the manufacturing floor to among other things observe operations, identify hazards and corrective actions, and engage as many employees as possible in the effort to achieve local EHS objectives.
Basic Job Functions
- Oversee the implementation of the IAC environmental health and safety program, and support the development and administration of Plant Level 2 EHS policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Review all incident investigations for accuracy, including a description of the incident, the identification of root cause, and thorough corrective actions
- Lead the effort to develop corrective actions that improve working conditions and prevent occupational injury and illness.
- Manage company compliance with all relevant environmental, occupational health, and workplace safety regulations and standards. Must possess knowledge of OSHA, ISO – 14001 standards.
- Implement and maintain the Emergency Action Plan for the Plant.
- Support the development of EHS education and training tools. Responsible for all EHS training requirements required by OSHA and IAC.
- Analyzes data to drive corrective actions.
- Stay current with regard to new developments in the industry and rules and regulations.
- Collect data and provide reports (Loss Runs, MOS, etc)
- Support continuous improvement and employee engagement.
Skills and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from college or university; or five years related
experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Will have 5-7 full-time years EHS experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Certifications meeting legal requirements to practice EHS in the region.
- Lean Manufacturing skills.
- MS Office tools fluency
- Must be able to work in a team oriented environment.
- Must be able to effectively communicate interpersonally and with large / diverse groups
This position reports directly to the Human Resources Manager and has an indirect reporting relationship to IAC Corporate EHS.
Interested parties should contact Kenny.Greene@AuriaSolutions.com.