Location: Charlotte, NC
The EHS Manager is responsible for Environmental Health & Safety. The EHS Manager will play a critical role in driving initiatives for the business by implementing EHS improvements and sustaining positive EHS standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide voice of EHS to OPCO to ensure EHS have strong advocacy and is accounted for across operational decision making.
- Supervise all EHS activities for the site
- Acts as the site Radiation Safety Officer
- Develop & implement EHS related procedures and processes as well as coordinate & deliver EHS training programs for OPCO – including but not limited to safety orientation, radiation safety and annual training requirements. Maintain appropriate records.
- Determine & administer facility safety, PPE, and health & wellness programs.
- Participate in post-accident investigations and corrective actions.
Develop emergency action plans.
- Evaluate jobs, work stations, cells for appropriate ergonomic and safety issues.
- Assist in Kaizens, light duty, restriction accommodation analyses.
Ensure reporting of workers compensation claims to insurer. Partner with insurer and Human Resources to effectively manage claims.
- Represent OPCO in corporate or governmental reporting and audit requirements.
- Ensure Environmental compliance of operations processes.
- Maintain EHS related KPI or PD data and activities.
- Support continuous improvement activity.
- Other duties as assigned.
Hazardous Waste Management
- Act as Primary Emergency Coordinator
- Make appropriate communications in time of emergency with Fire/Police, executive staff as appropriate, with personnel in charge of environmental reporting, and environmental emergency response contractors as appropriate
- Direct Emergency Personnel to appropriate locations
- Act as liaison between emergency crews, response contractors and staff
- Remain familiar with the contingency plan and procedures set forth in the plan
- Direct EHS personnel with applicable environmental reporting as necessary and required
- Supervise Hazardous Waste Handling
- Annual RCRA Training
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in safety/environmental, engineering, or related field experience preferred
- 10+ years EHS experience preferred
- Experience in Manufacturing Environment required
- Radiation Safety Experience Preferred
- Experience in regulated industry preferred
Desired Skills and Background
- The EHS Manager must have a strong ability to influence and lead associates, operations support, administrative support and leadership staff.
- The EHS Manager must also have strong problem solving skills with a very systematic and analytical approach.
- The EHS Manager will communicate with employees at different levels and must be able to deliver effective communications both written and verbal.
- The EHS Manager must be able to handle conflict effectively. Additionally, the EHS Manager must be able to oversee and prioritize multiple demanding projects.
- A qualified candidate will have strong business acumen and be successful driving the OPCO’s EHS initiatives.
Apply Online – http://www.searchsolutiongroup.com/careerportal/#/jobs/2758