The Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator develops, implements and maintains environmental and health programs, policies and procedures that are compliant and promote continuous improvement for the Headquarters Operations facilities. The EH&S coordinator provides leadership and support necessary to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations / standards to meet or exceed relevant internal and external environmental and safety standards in a manner consistent with sound business practice. This position reports to the Director of Engineering and Technical Services.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinate various inspections, record keeping, and reporting required to comply with site permits and requirements.
- Prepare and present various reports for signature by site
- Perform routine interpretations of existing regulations, as well as anticipating, researching, and determining the impact of new and emerging environmental
- Review and /or develop environmental programs as
- Work with company leadership to develop and deploy strategies to achieve environmental
- Support the development of engineering and administrative controls to mitigate environmental risk to target
- Provide leadership and direction in the development, administration and maintenance of environmental compliance and continuous improvement program
- Serve as liaison with applicable external regulatory agencies and coordinate and follow-up on environmental audits to ensure satisfactory
- Develop and administer the facility EHS management systems including: spill prevention, hazardous waste, DOT hazardous materials, emissions, emergency planning (EPCRA) and all other key system
- Facilitate compliance with all environmental standards/guidelines through audits, inspections, recordkeeping and data documentation.
Work with Corporate Safety Manager to:
- Administer safety and health programs within S&D Operations’ facilities in accordance with all applicable local, state, and federal regulations as well as company internal
- Review and /or develop environmental, safety and health programs as
- Develop and deploy strategies to achieve workplace safety
- Administer the facility EHS management systems including: employee participation, employee health, hazard analyses, safe operating procedures, training, risk management, and loss
- Assist management with investigations, provide recommendations for corrective or preventive measures, and ensure that accuracy.
- Drive year-over-year EHS program efficiencies; drive business and system improvements across the sites while expanding scope and impact
- Maintain a current working knowledge of EHS regulations and laws to provide expertise for EHS assessments, capital projects, maintenance planning and work order execution, and general EHS related
- Interface with salaried, hourly and contract personnel to perform day to day
- Support staff and personnel development for goal alignment, prioritization of work, and coaching for effective performance and acurate environmental and injury/illness records are maintained.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a manufacturing environment related to EHS program
- Preference for food, food-related or consumer package goods experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Occupational / Industrial Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering, Environmental Science, or other EHS related field preferred; other four year degrees will be
- Certification in an EHS related discipline and/or further education is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
S&D Coffee & Tea